Saturday, August 29, 2015-A capacity crowd was on hand to roar the riders to victory at the 2015 Helotes Festival Association Bull Blowout. With $5,000.00 in added money the cowboy competition was top notch and the bucking stock was just as stout. Thirty-nine riders from all parts national and international showed up to climb on a “rank one” and try to get a share of the $7,925.00 total payout.
In the end, National Finals Rodeo Qualifier-Cooper Davis, marked the high point ride with 84.5 points to capture first place money and the championship buckle. Close behind, with a score of 84 points, Jorge Valdivieso, worked his way to the second place finish. The field of “paying places” was rounded out by rides by Clayton Bathe (79.5 pts), Lane Nobles (79 pts) and Kevin Weston (75 pts).
- Cooper Davis – 84.5 pts on JD Nix’s T82 “Lowland Grizz” – $2,536.00
- Jorge Valdivieso – 84 pts on Covenant Rodeo Livestock’s 71 “Rusty Rooster” – $1,981.25
- Clayton Baethge – 79.5 pts on F & F Bucking Bulls’ 19 “Cold Kat” – $1,426.50
- Lane Nobles – 79 pts on on F & F Bucking Bulls’ 305 “Taz” – $1,188.75
- Kevin Weston – 75 pts on JD Nix’s 371 “Little Red” – $792.50
Personnel & Livestock
- Host Committee: Helotes Festival Association
- Producer: JD Nix Rodeo Company
- Judges: “Chicken Fry” & Tiger Barker
- Arena Director: Jimbo Kimbro
- Livestock: JD Nix Bucking Bulls, F & F Bucking Bulls, Covenant Rodeo Livestock
- Protection Athletes: Winston Derby, Todd Yarbrough, Chad Tenborg
- Safety Rider: Robert Fluitt, JC Hellen, Charlie Hellen, Cody Crider
- Secretary: Tracy Prescott
- Photography: William Kierce of Kierce Photography
- Music Director: Nicole Myers’ Qween B Sound
- Announcer: Matthew Myers
- Specialty Act: Luke “Leon” Coffee
Championship Buckle by Shayne Beckham’s SB Western Silver.