Click for —>Draw SectionWorksheet<—
- Seven of the riders entered are “on the bubble” to make the PBR World Finals: (Click Name for Rider’s ProBullStats.com Page)
- Four Former PBR World Finalists are entered: (Click Rider’s Name for PBR.com Profile Page)
- Four PBR World Finals Bulls are in the draw to buck:
- Facts and Figures
- There are only seven PBR Built Ford Tough Series Events left before the PBR World Finals in Las Vegas in October. Making it to the Finals generally favors the guys riding at the BFTS level, so the riders need to crack the top 35 to 37 status to get the best opportunity to make Vegas. The “bubble” guys are going to ride their hearts out to grab that brass ring.
- A lot of the other riders have other incentives: 1) money (obviously) and 2) setting the table for next year and seeing if they can hang with the “big boys.” There is no better confidence builder for a rider to come to an event like this and win against some of the best in the business.
Matt’s “Match-ups to Watch”
- Marco Eguchi v. 36 – “Ray Charles” in Section 1. Eguchi is a three time PBR World Finalist and is coming off a third place finish last weekend at Cedar Park-momentum is ALWAYS good in this game. “Ray Charles” is a Built Ford Tough Series regular and we watched Neil Holmes mark 86 points on this bull here at Cowboys Dancehall earlier this Summer to win the event. Eguchi is NOT having the season like he has had the last three years, but he is number 49 in the world and he does NOT want to miss a trip to the “Candy Bowl” (World Finals) in October.
- Neil Holmes v. J3 – “Johnny ‘Bones’ Jones” in Section 2. This bull has not been covered since January of this year, but that does’t matter to Holmes. Holmes is a rider that I see ratchet up his game as the bull competition gets tougher. The last Cowboys event I announced was won by Holmes (on 36 – “Ray Charles”)-I dubbed Holmes the “Honey Badger” because he “just don’t care” about how rank his bull is. Also, Holmes is number 41 in the world and he is eyeing his first PBR World Finals…it’s just a few spots away!
Make sure to follow me: