December 13, 2014 (San Antonio, Texas)-The Luke Snyder Invitational was held at Cowboys Dancehall in San Antonio for the second year and yet again it delivered on the big expectations. This year’s event was also a fundraiser for the Chris Kyle Memorial Benefit as well as Sons of the Flag. A little over $7,000.00 dollars was raised and shared equally by the two philanthropies. Please take time to check out these two groups and find a way to support their great efforts.
Section One started off with a “bang” via the DVS Productions pyrotechnics laden introduction; however, the bull riders were not so hot to begin the event. The first 12 riders were unable to make the whistle. The last ten riders of the section rode five for ten to get the event back into gear. Section One boasted the event winner, Bryan Titman, marking an 87.5 point ride on 101 “NASA” owned by Scott and Shelly Hughes (hauled by JD Nix).
After an intermission, and some live music courtesy of Cowboys Dancehall, Section Two got underway and started strong. National Finals Rodeo Qualifier, Cooper Davis-an alternate entry-kicked the section off with a 85 point ride on Conventant Rodeo Livestock’s 73 “Redrum” to earn a 4./5. split with Brazilian Weberson Duarte. All-in-all, it was a tough bull riding as last hole was 83 points.
Make plans to attend the next installment of the PBR at Cowboys Dancehall on Saturday, January 10, 2015.
Personnel & Livestock
- Producer: DVS Productions
- Judges: Billy Cocharane & Jimbo Kimbro
- Arena Director: Bo Davis
- Livestock: Covenant Rodeo Livestock, Currey Creek Bucking Bulls, B & E Bucking Bulls, JD Nix Bucking Bulls, Boyd & Floyd Bucking Bulls, IROC Rodeo, Edward Martinez Bucking Bulls, Vela & Morganstern Bucking Bulls, K&K Ranch Bucking Bulls
- Protection Athletes: Winston Derby, Jonathan “Taz” Talamantez, Todd Yarbrough
- Safety Rider: JW Tucker, XIV
- Secretary: Tracy Prescott
- Photography: Sabrena Kierce of Kierce Photography
- Music Director: Nicole “DJ Show” Myers
- Announcer: Matthew Myers