Pleasanton, Texas-Saturday, October 26, 2013 marked the shifting of the Cowboy Homecoming event from the dead heat of the Summer to the cooler temperatures of the Fall. In addition to the BBQ cook off, carnival and live music from Easton Corbin and Casey Donahew-the event boasted the Mac Haik’s Southway Ford “Boys are Back in Town” Bull Riding event produced by Lee Roy and Gerald Cumpian’s L & G Cattle Company. A robust field of bull riders showed up to duke it out for the prize money and championship buckle.
The event was a “two header” and each rider was drawn two bucking bulls-the high aggregate score being the winner. In short the bucking bulls must have enjoyed the cooler weather because they definitely got the best of the international field of cowboys. Not a single bull rider qualified on two bucking bulls. Section One was highlighted a single ride: 1996 PBR Finals Champion and Rookie of the Year Ronnie Kitchens marked 84 points on D & A Bucking Bulls’ 954-“Eyes of Special.” The event winning ride came in Section Two with an 85.5 point ride on Covenant Rodeo Livestock’s 73-“Red Rum” by Johnson City, Texas native Cameron Sasko.
- Cameron Sasko, Johnson City, Texas – 85.5 pts on Covenant Rodeo Livestock’s 73 “Red Rum”
- Ronnie Kitchens, Mansfield, Texas – 84 pts on D & A Bucking Bull’s 954 “Eyes of Special”
Personnel & Livestock
- Committee – Pleasanton Cowboy Homecoming
- Producer – L & G Cattle Company
- Stock Contractors – K-3 Bucking Bulls, Silent 7 Bucking Bulls, D & A Bucking Bulls, Martinez Bucking Bulls, Covenant Rodeo Livestock
- Arena Director: Billy Cochrane
- Judges: Mel Kimbro & Doug Adams
- Secretaries: Brandie Franco Flores, Sabrina Cumpian
- Photography: Sabrina Kierce of Kierce Photography
- Bullfighters: Hector Villareal, Michael McDonnell, Anibal Berrios Morales
- Barrelman: Daryl Titman
- Sound: Nicole “D.J. Show” Myers
- Announcer: Matthew Myers